Music Makes Me Happy Chorus is accepting new members! The chorus is designed for adults with special needs, from age 18-88. Potential members should enjoy singing and making new friends.
Our group includes people with both physical and developmental disabilities.
HOW TO JOIN
What do I need to do to become a member
of the MUSIC MAKES ME HAPPY Chorus?
1. Contact the Director to say you are interested in joining.
2. Arrange a time to come to an introductory evening or rehearsal
to see if you and the chorus are a good match.
There is no required singing audition; we just spend time together to see how things go. For some individuals, membership may be contingent upon the singer being accompanied by a caregiver during rehearsal, concerts, events.
3. If it is a good match and everyone is happy with the situation, the Director will ask you to fill out the required membership forms: Registration, Membership Agreement, Publicity Permission, Member Information.
(All the forms are on the Registration page.)
4. Complete all the required forms and make payment.
Singers sign up for the year with registration and payment made in three installments: in September, December, and March (for 13 weeks each)
Will attend weekly rehearsals; and in the event of illness or a necessary absence will have someone notify the director in advance of the rehearsal, concert, or chorus event
Must arrange own transportation to and from all chorus rehearsals, concerts, events*
Will take turns bringing snack items for designated rehearsals
* If specified, must be accompanied by a caregiver/helper.